Invitation to the Gate Safe Summit 2012
The Gate Safe Summit will take place Wednesday 8th February 2012, at The RIBA 66 Portland Place?London?W1B 1AD.
The event (10 am to 1 pm) follows the inaugural Gate Safe Summit which took place in 2010, in the wake of the tragic deaths of two children in separate automated gate accidents. The 2012 initiative is intended to educate rather than debate and will provide a comprehensive outline of the requirements to achieve a safe and legally compliant automated gate installation.
The Gate Safe Summit is open to all professionals who may be involved in the gate installation cycle including suppliers of gate automation equipment / access control equipment; gate manufacturers; gate installers (including electrical specialists); construction companies; architects; insurers; surveyors; and trade & safety organisations.
The agenda will cover:
• Overview of events leading to the inception of the Gate Safe campaign
• Inaugural Gate Safe Summit / initial campaign objectives
• Overview of Gate Safe activity to date
• Are you Gate Safe aware?
• Guidance on how to achieve compliance
• Simple checks to ensure compliance
• Launch of Gate Safe training
• Summary of latest DHF technical guidelines
• Legal implications of failure to comply with guidelines / legal recommendations
• Gate Safe – the future
Confirmed speakers to date:
CEO Jacksons Fencing, the company responsible for the launch of the Gate Safe campaign
Head of HSE’s Services, Transportation & Safety Unit
Institution of Occupational Safety & Health Vice President / Chair of IOSH Construction Group
Door & Hardware Federation, responsible for the development of technical guidelines for automated gates
Partner Thomson Snell & Passmore
Entry to this unique conference is free but places are limited. To register your interest in the event please email email@example.com