Vehicle Security Barrier
The Impakt Defender is an IWA14 rated vehicle security barrier (VSB) designed to protect people, buildings and infrastructure from hostile vehicle attack. Requiring no foundations, the surface mounted system can be rapidly deployed as a temporary or permanent security measure, as part of a robust hostile vehicle mitigation (HVM) strategy.
Its unique shape, with its large footprint, has been specifically designed to block vehicles. Each 430kg, 1m x 1m x 1m solid rubber unit is connected by steel cables or rods, providing the flexibility to protect both entrance areas and site perimeters against hostile vehicle attack. The units can also be anchored to create a stronger physical barrier.
Manufactured from 100% recycled rubber bonded with polyurethane for strength, its tough construction enables the Impakt Defender to be installed almost anywhere, removed and used again and again.
Impakt Defender Features
- A physical and visual security deterrent
- Excellent protection from vehicle borne attacks
- Unique design deforms to increase stopping performance
- Jacksons fence systems can be integrated with the impact barrier to prevent unauthorised entry
- Over 65% lighter than concrete solutions
- Modular design allows protection of entrances and perimeters
- Easy to install, remove and relocate
- Suitable for all types of sites
- Can be installed in a straight line or on a curve
- Available for lease and purchase
- Secured by Design
- Successfully impact tested to IWA 14-1 specification, stopping a 7.2 tonne N2A lorry travelling at 48kph (30mph).
- Manufactured from 100% recycled rubber and polyurethane.
- Supplied complete with steel securing cables/rods and fixings.
- Size: 1000 x 1004 x 1004mm
- Weight: 430kg
- Connectivity: 20mm Ø Steel cables or 1 and 2m rods
Download specification documents, drawings and case studies for this product