We manufacture and supply a wide range of metal security gates for all sectors and applications including commercial properties, residential developments, educational facilities and high security sites, offering security and safe access for vehicles or pedestrians. All our security gates have matching fencing to complement the gate if required. Browse our options below, or alternatively get in touch with our team of experts below.Contact Us
What Type of Security Gate Suits Your Site
The gate you choose for your site will depend on different factors such as: privacy, function, security level required, traffic volume and space available. There are a variety of gate types that offer different benefits, for example sliding gates are an ideal solution when there is limited space for a swing gate. Similarly, swing gates are more appropriate for smaller entrance gaps or where space at the side of the opening is limited, additionally they are generally cheaper to install and require less maintenance than sliding gates. There are different mechanisms available for sliding gates: cantilever and tracked. Find out more about sliding gate options.
Bi-folding speed gates are another style of gate designed for sites where there is limited space, and they can also be installed to create air-locks where there is a requirement for stricter access control and higher security.
Playground gates should have timed, self closing mechanisms to allow safe access to all and avoid risk of injury. Furthermore, gates should be a different colour to fencing in order for children and guardians to easily distinguish where entrances and exits are.
Gates and Gate Automation Whitepaper
There is relatively little available on the options and methods for providing access to a site. It is little wonder that so much confusion exists on the types of gates available and their suitability for specific applications. Our white paper offers guidance on gates and gate automation to enable you to specify suitable, safe access solutions for your projects.Download Whitepaper
Get a quote for a gate
Are you working on a project that requires gates or access control? We can provide you with a free, no obligation quote for metal gates or gate automation. Please provide the details of your requirements using the form below.Product Quote Form
Metal Security Gate Options
Manual Gates - A proven, simple and cost effective solution, manual gates are the most commonly used for both pedestrian and vehicle access. All our fence styles come available with matching manual gates.
Automated Gates - Convenient and providing a higher level of security than manual gates, automated gates are available in a range of styles and designs.
Tracked Sliding Gates - Space efficient where space beyond the gate is restricted and suitable for high and heavy gate designed. Almost always automated and provide a good level of security.
Cantilever Sliding Gates - Also suited to sites with limited space, they are the best choice where there is sloped or uneven ground as they do not require tracks and can be single of double leaf in design.
Bi-Folding Speed Gates - These are best suited to sites where the gate is subject to high wind loading or where there is limited space for swing gates.
Expert Articles and Advice
We have a wide range of blogs dedicated to gates and gate automation, offering you advice on choosing the right gate for your site and how to specify an electric gate, plus get your copy of our gate safety checklist for a brief overview of the key areas to focus on when installing automatic gates.
Top 10 factors to consider when choosing a metal security gate:
- Identify the risks: Before installation, a thorough risk assessment should take place, considering the immediate and longer-term use of the site as well as identification of hazards, threats and their impact.
- Manual or automated: If the gate or barrier is essential to daily site operations, it may be beneficial to choose an automated gate solution. Space and access control systems will also determine which type is best suited to the application.
- Function and placement: Consider the space the gate is required to fit, including the potential opening and closing of the gate. A site with limited space may be better suited to sliding gates, whereas other sites may be suited to swing gates.
- Style: If a gate is being used for security purposes and it sits adjacent to fencing, ensuring that the gate and fence line match in style as failure to do this could result in a weakness in perimeter security.
- Space: The wider the gap the heavier it will be meaning if automated it will need a heavier duty motor.
- Gate usage: Is the gate being used for pedestrian of vehicular access? It is important to ensure that vehicles and pedestrians are kept safely apart and to identify whether a single or double leaf gate is required to fit the space and how it is going to be operated.
- Access control: How will authorised access be controlled through the barrier? Both entry and exit can be controlled by guards and/or electronic access control.
- Maintenance: Once security gates have been installed, ongoing safety maintenance is crucial to ensuring proper operation. Gates should also be kept clean and in good condition and regularly assessed by qualified engineers, particularly if automated.
- Guarantee: Does the automation equipment have a warranty? All automation products supplied and installed by Jacksons Fencing are covered by a 25 month parts and labour guarantee, subject to a service contact being taken out in the second year.
- Security: High security applications may also want to consider the use of LPS 1175 Certified, CPNI Approved and Secured by Design gates.
For more help and advice to choosing the right security gate, read our blog here.