Protecting places of worship
Places of worship such as churches, cathedrals, synagogues and mosques are important community centres currently facing an increased threat of terrorism and hate crime. Since 2016, the places of worship scheme has provided £1.5 million to places of worship for additional security measures. In 2018, the UK government refreshed the hate crime action plan, which is committed to providing the places of worship scheme, as well as funding projects to tackle hate crime.
Jacksons Fencing has worked with many churches and mosques, providing fencing, gates and access control solutions in order to create a safe, yet welcoming environment.
Security FEncing for places of worship
At Jacksons we manufacture and supply a range of fencing and gates suited to protecting religious centres which are vulnerable to such attacks. Our fencing solutions combine both security with pleasing aesthetics and can fulfil a range of functions including:
- Preventing unauthorised entry and egress from the grounds
- Protecting visitors, worshippers and staff from accident and attack within the grounds
- Deterring theft, anti-social behaviour and hate crime
- Security and access control
- Keeping pedestrians and vehicles safe from each other during busy periods
- Mitigating noise propagation into the site
For more information on the places of worship security funding scheme, visit the government website.
View our wide range of products below - often supplied and installed in and around churches, mosques, cathedrals and synagogues.
Case Studies and Blogs