Security fencing is set to be put up after Ceredigion County Council announced plans to build a new play area inside the grounds of Aberystwyth Castle.

Councillors want to replace equipment at the playground which is believed to be 30 years old. The work is said to cost £140,000 and it is understood that Ceredigion County Council will pay 60 per cent of the cost of the equipment, with Aberystwyth Town authority making up the remaining 40 per cent.

Responsibility will be passed over from county to town ownership during the course of the construction.

Councillor Richard Boudier, the mayor of the town, told the Cambrian News: "Aberystwyth Town Council is very pleased to be able to go into partnership with Ceredigion County Council to provide a brand new exciting play area. Working together and pooling our resources and expertise has enabled us to provide the best outcome for all concerned."

The Welsh town is just one of a number of places renovating play areas with Basildon's Gloucester Park set to get a new lake and improved play area as part of a £1.4 million scheme to revitalise the site.

Contact us for a security fencing quote.ADNFCR-3337-ID-801256450-ADNFCR