Protecting Places of Worship
Places of Worship such as Churches, Cathedrals and Mosques are important community centres currently facing an increasing threat of terrorism and hate crime. Last year the UK Government introduced funding to provide security measures such as perimeter fencing and access control to places of worship that have been subject to or are considered vulnerable to hate crimes or attacks.
At Jacksons we manufacture and supply a range of fencing and gates suited to protecting religious centres which are vulnerable to such attacks. Our Security Rated fencing combines both security with pleasing aesthetics and can fulfil a range of functions including:
- preventing unauthorised entry and egress from the grounds
- protecting visitors, worshippers and staff from accident and attack within the grounds
- deterring theft, anti-social behaviour and hate crime
- security and access control
- keeping pedestrians and vehicles safe from each other during busy periods
- mitigating noise propagation into the site
For more information on the places of worship security funding scheme, visit the home office website here.
Please view our products below, often supplied and installed in and around Churches, Cathedrals and Mosques: